Be the first to rate it
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- REMAINING INGREDIENTS:
- 4 tuna steaks, each about 8 ounces and 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves or roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
Grill: 8 Minutes
- 1. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
- 2. In a small bowl whisk the vinaigrette ingredients until well blended. Coat the tuna steaks on both sides with the vinaigrette and season evenly with the salt and pepper.
- 3. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the tuna over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until just turning opaque throughout, about 8 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill.
- 4. Serve warm with lemon wedges and fresh basil sprinkled on top.