Photo: Antonis Achilleos
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 5-oz. cans tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Stand: 15 Minutes
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and 1/2 tsp. salt in a small bowl.
- 2. Bring broth to a boil in a heavy pan. Stir in couscous, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer couscous to a large cookie sheet, spread it out and let cool for 15 minutes.
- 3. Transfer couscous to a bowl and stir in broccoli, tuna, olives and parsley. Toss with dressing to coat. Season with additional salt, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Calories: 535
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 66g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Sodium: 659mg