Be the first to rate it
- 2 1/2 pounds green tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husked and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Cook all ingredients in a large stockpot over medium-low heat 2 hours or until green tomatoes and tomatillos are tender. Cool.
- Process mixtrue, in batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Serve over grilled chicken, fish, or shrimp.