1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place flours, almonds, and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a food processor; process 1 minute or until finely chopped.
3. Combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar and egg yolks in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed 2 minutes or until mixture is very thick and pale in color.
4. Place egg whites in a large bowl; beat at high speed until stiff peaks form using clean, dry beaters. Slowly add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat 4 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
5. Add flour mixture and one-third of egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture, stirring gently to combine. Fold in remaining egg white mixture, being careful not to deflate batter. Pour batter into a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray and lightly dusted with tapioca flour.
6. Bake at 350° for 35 to 38 minutes or until top springs back when pressed in center. Cool 15 minutes in pan; remove torte from pan, and cool completely.
7. Place cream cheese and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until light and fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar, beating at medium speed until smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
8. Cut cake in half horizontally, using a serrated knife; place bottom layer cut side up on a plate. Spread preserves over cut side of bottom layer. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread cream cheese mixture over top of cake; sprinkle with sliced almonds and chopped apricots. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; store in refrigerator.