This delicious variation on traditional macaroni and cheese is easy to prepare and perfect for weeknight family dinners and weekend entertaining alike. Add cooked chicken, shrimp, or sausage to the pasta bake and serve with a green salad and fresh vegetables for a hearty, well-rounded meal.
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti
- 2 (10-ounce) containers refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Prepare ziti according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Stir together Alfredo sauce and sour cream; toss with ziti until evenly coated. Spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stir together ricotta cheese and next 3 ingredients; spread evenly over pasta mixture in baking dish. Spoon remaining pasta mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Buitoni Refrigerated Alfredo Sauce.
Ziti pasta is shaped in long, thin tubes; penne or rigatoni pasta may be substituted, if desired.Amy Faggart, Concord, North Carolina, Southern Living