1. Trim fat from roast. Combine pork and next 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal; marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove roast from bag, reserving marinade.
2. Soak hickory wood chunks in water 1 to 24 hours. Drain well. Prepare charcoal fire in meat smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes. Place hickory chunks on top of coals. Place water pan in smoker; fill with hot tap water.
3. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place roast on rack in smoker. Cover with smoker lid; cook 3 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 155°. Refill water pan with water and add additional charcoal to fire as needed.
4. Remove roast from smoker; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°. Separate roast into bite-sized pieces, using 2 forks. Place roast pieces in a medium bowl.
5. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring marinade to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour over pork, and toss well.
carbo rating: 3