Be the first to rate it
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Food Styling: Robyn Valarik
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded
- 4 chicken hot dogs, such as Applegate Organic Chicken Hot Dogs*
- 4 sprouted-wheat hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup whole flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup whole oregano leaves
- 1. Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). In a small bowl, whisk together yolk, garlic, and mustard. Starting with a thin drizzle and working up to a slow, steady stream, whisk in 1/4 cup each olive and vegetable oils to create a thick aioli, about 7 minutes. Whisk in 1/2 tsp. salt and chopped herbs; set aside.
- 2. Rub vegetables with remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Grill zucchini, onion, pepper, and hot dogs, turning as needed, until vegetables are softened, grill marks appear, and hot dogs are slightly charred, 6 to 10 minutes. In the final few minutes, toast buns on grill. Thinly slice peppers and separate onions into rings. Gently stir together vegetables in a small bowl.
- 3. Spread herb aioli inside buns and add hot dogs. Top with vegetables and sprinkle with parsley and oregano leaves.
- *Available at Whole Foods Market.
- Calories: 528
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Sodium: 1107mg
- Cholesterol: 81mg