Be the first to rate it
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Food Styling: Robyn Valarik
- 4 locally made nitrate-free beef hot dogs
- 4 unsalted pretzel buns*, each about 6 in. long, or 2 unsalted pretzel baguettes cut on the diagonal to make 4 buns
- 1/2 cup shredded cumin gouda cheese, such as Willamette Valley Cheese Co.'s*, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons craft-beer mustard, such as Sierra Nevada's Porter & Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 cup spicy sauerkraut, such as Farmhouse Culture Smoked Jalapeño Kraut*, warmed
- 1. Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Grill dogs until slightly charred all over, about 6 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut pretzel buns horizontally partway through. Sprinkle cheese into buns, dividing evenly; then grill buns until warmed, lightly charred, and cheese has mostly melted, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Spread mustard inside buns, add dogs, and top with sauerkraut.
- *Find pretzel buns and baguettes and Farmhouse Culture Kraut at Whole Foods Market and other specialty grocery stores. Farmhouse Culture Kraut is also available at farmhouseculture.com. See wvcheeseco.com for where to buy Willamette Valley Cheese Co.'s cumin gouda.
- Calories: 552
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 1740mg
- Cholesterol: 51mg