Prep time: 20 min. Baking time: 50-60 min. Decoration time: 45 min
1. Sort through the M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies, setting all of the M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies and 1/2 cup aside. Prepare the cake mixes according to the package directions. Fold the remaining M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies into the batter, before transferring it to the prepared Pyrex bowls. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
2. Using the printable template, cut a spout and handle from the blue poster board, and then set aside.
3. Prepare the frostings:
Tint 3/4 cup of the vanilla frosting with green food coloring to the desired shade. Place in a resealable plastic bag, snip the corner, and set aside.
Tint the remaining vanilla frosting yellow (with orange food coloring) and set aside.
4. Trim the tops of the cakes so they are level. Place one cake layer -- rounded side down -- onto the cake platter, and spread it with the yellow frosting. Then place the remaining cake layer -- rounded side up -- on top to create your own teapot.
5. Cover the cakes with the remaining yellow frosting, making it as smooth as possible. Sort the blue M&M'S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies, and then place them in one continuous line around the bottom of the cake.
6. To make the lid, outline a 6-inch circle around the top of the cake with the green frosting, and fill it in. Outline the circle's edge with a continuous line of blue M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies.
7. Press a lollipop into the top of the lid.
8. Decorate the sides of the teapot with flowers, made from pressing M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies into the frosting. Pipe small green frosting leaves around the flowers.
9. Using the tip of a paring knife, cut a slit into the opposite sides of the teapot, and slip in the handle and spout.