This simple chicken dish becomes a whole lot more savory when stuck in a slow cooker. The sweet juice mixture gives the chicken its undeniably delicious flavor. Serve over hot cooked rice.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer chicken to a 4-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Stir pineapple juice into drippings, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar and soy sauce. Pour juice mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 hours.
- 2. Transfer chicken to a serving platter with a slotted spoon. Increase heat to HIGH. Combine 3 tablespoons water and cornstarch in a small bowl; add to sauce in slow cooker, stirring with a whisk. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly with whisk.
- 3. Place rice on each of 6 plates. Top with chicken thighs and sauce. Sprinkle each serving with green onions.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight, Oxmoor House
- Calories: 339
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 32.4g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Calcium: 35mg