Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
These no-bake bars come together quickly with common pantry ingredients. Make sure the cereal is well crushed (try packing it in a sealed zip-top plastic bag and using a rolling pin) so it incorporates into the peanut butter mixture.
- 1 3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) chopped lightly salted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 1/2 cups (4 ounces) whole-grain flaked cereal (such as Total), finely crushed
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces) chopped dark chocolate
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 4 minutes or just until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in peanuts and cereal. Spread mixture evenly into a 13 x 9–inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Place the dark chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring every 20 seconds. Drizzle chocolate evenly over peanut mixture. Score into 36 bars while warm.
- Calories: 155
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 16.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 121mg
- Calcium: 113mg