1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in KitchenAid® Stand Mixer bowl. Attach bowl and wire whip to the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Add water, vegetable oil, egg yolks, vanilla and lemon peel. Turn to Speed 4 and beat about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Continuing on Speed 4, beat about 15 seconds. Pour mixture into another bowl. Clean mixer bowl and wire whip.
2. Place egg whites and cream of tartar in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and wire whip to mixer. Turn to Speed 8 and whip 2 to 21⁄2 minutes, or until whites are stiff but not dry. Remove bowl from mixer.
3. Gradually fold flour mixture into egg whites with spatula, just until blended.
4. Pour batter into ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325°F for 60 to 75 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched.
5. Immediately invert cake onto funnel or soft drink bottle. Cool completely. Remove from pan. Drizzle with Lemon Glaze. Lemon Glaze: Combine 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon softened butter or margarine in small bowl. Stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glaze is of desired consistency.
To purchase the KitchenAid® products used in this recipe, please visit www.shopkitchenaid.com