The toppings of sun-dried tomatoes and sliced fresh basil add more flavor and a pretty appearance to this chicken recipe. Here's the trick to softening the texture of sun-dried tomatoes: Buy them packed in oil, and then drain and rinse in hot water to remove oil. Chop tomatoes with a knife, or snip them into smaller pieces with kitchen shears.
- 1 (4-lb.) package chicken pieces (3 breasts, 4 thighs, 3 legs)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato vinaigrette with roasted red pepper dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Toppings: chopped sun-dried tomatoes, sliced fresh basil
- 1. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour dressing evenly over chicken pieces, and sprinkle with ground pepper.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 1 hour or until done, basting every 15 minutes. Sprinkle baked chicken with desired toppings.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Good Seasons Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette With Roasted Red Pepper dressing.
- Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Breasts: Substitute 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts for chicken pieces. Prepare recipe as directed, decreasing bake time to 30 minutes.