1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring once after 5 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
2. Process pecans, baking mix, salt, and pepper in a food processor 8 to 10 seconds or until pecans are finely ground. Place pecan mixture in a large bowl.
3. Rinse peppers under cold running water; cut in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds and membranes. Pat peppers dry with paper towels.
4. Spoon 1 tsp. pineapple cream cheese mixture into each pepper half. Dip in egg; dredge in pecan mixture.
5. Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°. Fry peppers, in batches, 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain peppers on a wire rack over paper towels; serve immediately.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick All-Purpose Baking Mix.