"Both sides of my family--the Greeks and the Southerners--love stuffed peppers."
Makes 1 dozen
1. Preheat broiler. Broil peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat, turning occasionally, 8 minutes or until peppers look blackened.
2. Place peppers in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Reduce oven temperature to 450°.
3. Peel peppers. Make a slit in one side of each pepper; sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
4. Stir together cheese, pecans, 2 Tbsp. basil, and 2 Tbsp. raisins in a small bowl. Spoon cheese mixture evenly into peppers, pressing gently to close slits.
5. Return peppers to baking sheet, and drizzle with oil. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
6. Arrange peppers on a serving plate; sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. basil and 2 Tbsp. raisins.