For this flavorful pork tenderloin dinner inspired by the classic Cuban sandwich, stuff pork tenderloin with mustard, cilantro, Swiss cheese, and pickles and grill until done. While the pork is cooking, add fresh vegetables to the grill for a complete meal.
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 thin slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped bread-and-butter pickles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
Total: 37 Minutes
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin two-thirds of the way through the meat. Open halves, laying tenderloin flat. Place tenderloin between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or heavy skillet. Spread mustard evenly over pork. Sprinkle with cilantro. Arrange cheese and pickles over pork in a single layer. Roll up, starting with long side; secure pork at 1-inch intervals with twine. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- 3. Place the pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 22 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155°, turning after 11 minutes. Remove from grill. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Cut into 12 slices.
- Wine Match: A dry, medium-weight rosé, like Crios de Susana Balbo Rose of Malbec, Argentina ($12), has enough crisp acidity to match the stuffed pork's sweet-tart pickles and tangy Dijon mustard (two ingredients that would put the kibosh on most reds) yet just a smidgen of tannins to tango with the melted Swiss cheese. --Scott Jones
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.Adam Hickman, Cooking Light
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 30.6g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 507mg
- Calcium: 172mg