- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 cookies, such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup vanilla-flavored baking chips
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine wafer crumbs and butter, tossing with a fork until moistened. Press crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries, sugar, and salt in a blender; process until smooth.
- Combine boiling water and gelatin in a medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir until gelatin dissolves. Stir in the pureed strawberry mixture.
- Spoon 4 cups sliced strawberries into cooled crust. Pour the gelatin mixture evenly over sliced strawberries. Chill, uncovered, 2 hours or until set.
- Place chips in a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Submerge bag in very hot water until chips melt. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag, and drizzle melted chips over pie.
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 38.4g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 212mg
- Calcium: 44mg