Photo: Erin Kunkel; Styling: Emma Star Jensen
Fresh strawberries, creamy yogurt, and the faintest scent of rose swirl together in this sophisticated popsicle. You can use any mold you like for these popsicles, but you'll get a different number of pops depending on the mold size.
Makes 6 (1/3-cup size) popsicles (serving size: 1 popsicle)
1. In a glass measuring cup, combine sugar with 1/4 cup water. Microwave until simmering, then stir until sugar dissolves. Put measuring cup in a bowl of ice and cold water and chill syrup until cold, about 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl, whisk 3 tbsp. syrup with the yogurt. Spoon into 6 (1/3 cup) popsicle molds*, filling each about halfway.
3. Put strawberries in a food processor. Pour in 3 to 4 tbsp. of remaining syrup and the rosewater (if using). Process until very smooth.
4. Pour strawberry purée on top of yogurt in molds. Freeze until slushy, about 1 hour (don't insert sticks yet).
5. Run a thin knife down and around inside edge of molds to create a blizzardlike effect. Insert sticks and freeze until solid, at least 5 more hours.
6. To unmold popsicles, either let sit at room temperature 5 minutes or run molds under warm water 10 to 15 seconds.
*We used Koji Ice popsicle molds ($13/set of 6; target.com).
Make ahead: Up to 2 weeks, frozen.