Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
Fresh strawberries and basil become a refreshing treat in this summertime ice cream recipe.
Makes about 1 qt.
1. Whisk together first 6 ingredients; cover and chill 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, pulse strawberries, basil, and lemon juice in a food processor 5 or 6 times or until finely chopped. Stir strawberry mixture into chilled milk mixture.
3. Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
4. Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and freeze 30 minutes.
5. Transfer mixture to an airtight container or a loaf pan covered tightly with aluminum foil; freeze 3 to 4 hours or until firm.