Photo: Jennifer Causey Styling: Kellie Gerber Kelley
Wilson suggests using your best olive oil to indulge both your veggies and your palate.
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Wrap red beets loosely in foil. Wrap yellow beets loosely in foil. Place both packages in a roasting pan; roast at 375° for 45 minutes or until just tender. Cool completely. Peel beets, and cut into quarters; set aside.
3. Combine milk, yogurt, and vinegar in a microwave-safe liquid measuring cup; microwave at HIGH for 3 minutes. Stir to form small curds. Strain through a sieve lined with a double layer of cheesecloth; let stand 5 minutes. Discard liquid. Set cheese mixture aside.
4. Peel and section oranges over a bowl; squeeze membranes to extract juice. Set sections aside; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Discard membranes.
5. Combine blood orange juice, grapefruit juice, mustard, honey, and salt in a small bowl. Slowly pour in olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Place half of juice mixture in a small bowl. Add yellow beets; toss well to coat. Divide yellow beets evenly among 6 small plates. Add red beets to bowl; toss well to coat. Divide red beets and orange sections among the plates.
6. Place remaining juice mixture in a large bowl. Add lettuce and herbs to bowl; toss well to coat. Place about 3/4 cup lettuce mixture on each plate. Place about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture on each serving. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons peas.