Howard L. Puckett
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 16 large sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 (6-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach
- Balsamic-Lemon Vinaigrette
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and next 4 ingredients; cook 15 minutes or until pine nuts are golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Combine scallops and lemon juice. Coat food rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-high heat. Place scallops on rack, and grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Combine spinach and 1 cup Balsamic-Lemon Vinaigrette in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Reserve remaining vinaigrette for another use. Arrange spinach mixture and scallops on plates. Sprinkle with pine nut mixture.