- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cooking spray
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal, and turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 3. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Combine reserved marinade and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring marinade mixture to a boil over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Place chicken on a wire rack coated with cooking spray. Place rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Brush 1/2 cup marinade mixture over chicken. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Place chicken in a large bowl. Add remaining marinade mixture; toss well to thoroughly coat chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.Kate Parham, Cooking Light
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 494mg
- Calcium: 14mg