Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Cindy Barr
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, divided
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole-grain hamburger buns
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
Total: 15 Minutes
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Place half of avocado in a bowl; mash with a fork until almost smooth. Add sour cream and next 3 ingredients to bowl; stir to combine. Dice remaining half of avocado. Add diced avocado, tomato, jalapeño, and 1/8 teaspoon salt to bowl; stir gently to combine.
- 3. Divide beef into 4 equal portions. Gently shape each portion into a (1/2-inch-thick) patty. Press a nickel-sized indentation in center of each patty. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place burgers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Lightly coat cut sides of buns with cooking spray. Place buns, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted.
- 4. Place 1/4 cup sprouts on bottom half of each bun; top each with 1 patty, about 3 tablespoons guacamole, and top half of bun.
- Calories: 403
- Fat: 21.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 27.6g
- Carbohydrate: 27.5g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 499mg
- Calcium: 74mg