Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Buffy Hargett
- 1/4 cup butter
- 7 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (about 7 cups, 3 lb.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- Parchment paper
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add peaches, 1 cup sugar, and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 7 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, unroll piecrust on a flat surface. Cut into 12 circles, using a 3 1/2-inch round cutter with fluted edges. Make 4 small holes in center of each circle, using a plastic straw. Place circles on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Whisk together egg white and 1 Tbsp. water. Brush circles with egg mixture; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4. Place 1 pastry circle in each of 6 (7-oz.) ramekins. Spoon peach mixture over pastry circles; top with remaining pastry circles.