Photo: Alison Miksch; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
Enjoy a savory slice of pizza topped with corn, onion, sausage, a kale blend, and Havarti cheese.
1. Pulse kale and salt in a food processor 10 to 12 times or until finely chopped.
2. With processor running, pour olive oil through food chute in a slow stream. Add almonds and garlic, and pulse 4 to 5 times. Add cheese, and pulse until well blended.
3. Preheat grill to 400° (high) heat. Place Homemade Pizza Dough rounds directly on grill grate (cornmeal side down), and grill, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully flip dough.
4. Spread each pizza crust with 2 Tbsp. kale mixture. Top each with sausage, corn, onion, and cheese. Grill, covered with grill lid, 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
Master Our Grilled Pizza Technique
1. Preheat grill to high (at least 400°) heat. Slide pizza dough rounds directly onto grill grate (cornmeal side down) from baking sheet, and grill, covered with grill lid, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully flip dough.
2. Top cooked side of crust with desired sauce and toppings.
3. Grill, covered with grill lid, 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.