Photo: Greg Dupree Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
Quick, easy, and simply delicious, Smoked Sausage-and-Shrimp makes a favorite year-round appetizer. In this shrimp toast, sweet shrimp join sausage, garlic, and parsley to create a bright, flavorful topping for garlicky grilled bites.
Serves: 8 to 10
1. Preheat broiler. Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
2. Broil bread slices until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Rub toasted bread with cut sides of garlic cloves.
3. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and Old Bay in a small bowl.
4. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high; add sausage, and cook, stirring constantly, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add shrimp to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, just until shrimp turn pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in parsley and salt.
5. Spread about 2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture on one side of each toasted bread slice. Top each with about 1 tablespoon shrimp mixture.