- Hickory wood chips
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried garlic flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7-pound) untrimmed beef brisket
- Barbecue sauce
- Hamburger buns
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- Soak wood chips in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine rosemary and next 4 ingredients; rub on brisket.
- Drain wood chips, and place on coals. Place water pan in smoker; add water to depth of fill line. Place brisket on lower food rack; cover with smoker lid.
- Cook 3 hours and 30 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155°. Slice and serve with barbecue sauce, buns, and pickles. Garnish, if desired.