Resistant Starch: 2.1g
1. Heat a nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat fish with cooking spray. Add fish to pan, and cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
2. While fish cooks, pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in a microwave oven. Microwave at HIGH 810 minutes, turning potatoes after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Cut the cooked potatoes in half, and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
4. Combine greens, tomatoes, and vinaigrette in a bowl; toss gently.
5. Cut lemon in half, and squeeze lemon juice over fish. Serve salmon with potatoes and salad.
Carb Star: Potatoes
1 to 3.7 grams of Resistant Starch
In addition to fiber and Resistant Starch, potatoes are a natural source of a proteinase inhibitor, a natural chemical that boosts satiety hormones and curbs appetite. Potatoes are also incredibly filling andat 300 calories for a large, baked spudgreat for weight loss.