1. In a blender, purée 1 cup corn and 1/4 cup cream until very smooth.
2. Rub purée through a fine strainer into a 10- to 12-inch frying pan. Add remaining corn and cream, along with milk and sugar. Stir over high heat until bubbles form at pan rim.
3. In a small bowl, beat yolks to blend with about 1/2 cup of the hot corn mixture, then pour into the frying pan and stir over low heat until custard coats the back of a metal spoon thickly, about 9 minutes. Add vanilla.
4. Set the pan in ice water and stir often until mixture is cold, about 15 minutes. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 1 day.
5. Pour cold mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions or until dasher is hard to turn.
Nutritional analysis per 1/3 cup.