1. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring after 5 minutes.
3. Remove discolored leaves from Brussels sprouts. Cut each sprout in half, and cut into shreds.
4. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shallot and garlic, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
5. Add shredded Brussels sprouts to skillet; sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender. Add prosciutto and next 3 ingredients; sauté 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cheese and toasted pecans.