Once you master JK's easy, 5-ingredient shortbread dough, you're well on your way to creating and decorating incredible cookie characters.
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Add the vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt. Add flour and salt mixture to the butter and sugar and mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
4. Dust a wooden cutting board with flour and, using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to desired thickness.
5. Using stencils or cookie cutters, cut out desired cookie shapes and transfer to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake at 350° F for 12 minutes.