- 6 cups cubed peeled fresh pumpkin (2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook pumpkin in boiling water 8 minutes or until tender. Drain; set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove onion from skillet, and set aside.
- Add flour to skillet. Gradually add broth, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat or until thick and bubbly (about 6 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in salt, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Combine pumpkin, onion, 1/4 cup cheese, and spinach in a bowl. Spoon pumpkin mixture into a 6-cup gratin dish coated with cooking spray. Pour sauce over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over gratin. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.Cooking Light
- Calories: 189
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 13.5g
- Carbohydrate: 25.6g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 421mg
- Calcium: 377mg