Making your own gluten-free pizza crust is easier than it sounds. As with any pizza, feel free to vary the toppings based on your preferences. We liked this combination of turkey Italian sausage and black olives, especially when paired with a cold glass of gluten-free beer.
Serves 6 (serving size: 1 rectangle)
1. Dissolve sugar and yeast in 1/2 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours, potato starch, and flaxseed meal into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, potato starch, flaxseed meal, xanthan gum, and salt in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Add yeast mixture, oil, egg whites, and egg; beat at low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
3. Spoon dough onto an 11 x 7-inch baking sheet coated with cooking spray and lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat hands with cooking spray; press dough into an 11 x 12-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 400°.
5. Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until bottom is crisp. Cool completely. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
6. Remove casings from sausage. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Spread marinara over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with sausage, cheese, and olives. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until crust is golden.