Photo: Jean Allsopp; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces (2 1/2 cups) shell or other short pasta
- 6 ounces (1 1/4 cups) green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup niçoise or kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon; cook 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate, cool completely, and break into chunks.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding beans during last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, anchovy paste, garlic, mustard, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a jar. Cover and shake vigorously. Combine pasta mixture, salmon, and remaining ingredients. Toss with dressing.