Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- Dijon-Rosemary Dressing
- Crumbled blue cheese, grilled baguette slices
Chill: 6 Hours
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large, heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add steak and seal bag, turning to coat. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- 2. Preheat grill to high (450° to 600°). Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat steak dry with paper towels, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, on greased grill rack, 6 minutes on each side (for medium-rare) or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- 3. Toss spinach with 1/4 cup Dijon-Rosemary Dressing, and divide among 4 salad plates. Place steak slices on plates, and top with crumbled blue cheese. Serve with grilled baguette slices and remaining dressing.