Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Merilee Bordin
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup packed freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°. Hold the end of an asparagus stalk and bend until it snaps off. Repeat with remaining stalks and discard woody ends.
- 2. Toss asparagus with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss well. Arrange asparagus in an even layer in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake until asparagus is crisp-tender and cheese is browned, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve hot or warm.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
- Calories: 84
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 7.6g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 274mg
- Cholesterol: 7.5mg