- 4 teaspoons finely grated lime rind (about 1 large lime)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, thinly sliced lime wedges, lime rind strips
Freeze: 35 Minutes
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended.
- Pour lime mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart ice-cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Garnish each serving, if desired.
- Refreshing Lemon Sherbet: Substitute a large lemon for the lime and fresh lemon juice for lime juice. Proceed as directed. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs, thinly sliced lemon wedges, and lemon rind strips.