Serve this margarita for a party—you can make the raspberry mixture up to a day ahead, then simply add tequila and triple sec and blend with crushed ice before serving. Add a sugar rim and fresh raspberry garnish, and call it this summer's signature cocktail.
- 4 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, slightly thawed
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus more to coat rims
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 cup triple sec
- 5 cups crushed ice cubes
- 1 lime wedge
- 1. In a blender, combine raspberries, lime juice, and sugar (you may need to do this in batches). Whirl until puréed. Rub purée through a fine strainer set over a glass measure; discard seeds. Stir in tequila and triple sec.
- 2. Put half of the crushed ice into the blender with half of the raspberry mixture. Whirl until blended. Repeat with remaining ice and raspberry mix.
- 3. If desired, rub rims of 8 glasses (8 oz. or smaller) with lime wedge. Pour a thin layer of sugar into a shallow dish; dip glass rims into sugar. Pour margaritas into glasses and serve cold.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Make the raspberry purée up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate airtight, then mix cocktails just before serving.Sunset
- Calories: 275
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 0.6mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg