Raspberry-Chipotle Chicken Breasts with Cucumber Salad is a flavorful and simple weeknight meal for family or friends. The chipotle chile lends a smoky kick to the chicken and plays well with the raspberry jam and lime juice, while the Cucumber Salad tones down that heat from the chipotles.
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups shaved English cucumber
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until slightly syrupy.
- 2. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill chicken 6 minutes on each side or until done. Spoon raspberry mixture over chicken.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, cucumber, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; toss to combine.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough, Cooking Light
- Calories: 243
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 36.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 401mg
- Calcium: 27mg