Prep time: 25 min.
Baking time: Cake 18-21, Cookie 12-15 min.
Decoration time: 40 min.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour the cake pans.
2. Prepare the cake by mixing the Devil's food mix together with the eggs, water, oil and pudding; blend. Divide the batter evenly between the 3 pans; bake for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, knead the cookie dough and flour until smooth. Roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using the printable templates, cut the bunny's head and the brim of his hat. Transfer to a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Before baking, insert 4-5 toothpicks at the base of the bunny's head. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
4. Place one cake layer on a serving plate, and spread 3/4 cup of chocolate frosting on top. Place another layer on top, and spread that layer with frosting. Repeat until all of the layers are used. Don’t spread frosting on the top layer. Spread the remaining chocolate frosting over the sides so there aren’t any gaps between the layers. Refrigerate about 30 minutes, or until firm.
5. Spread the bunny's head with vanilla frosting, and sprinkle with shredded coconut if desired. Decorate the bunny's face with M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies; set aside.
6. Tint the remaining vanilla frosting light purple, and spread an even layer over the cake until it is completely covered. Decorate the sides with vertical lines of M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies.
7. Line the sheet pan with wax paper and place the cookie brim on top. Microwave the remaining purple-tinted frosting, stirring occasionally until it is the texture of slightly whipped cream. Pour frosting over the top of the brim, covering it completely. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until set.
8. Remove the cookie brim from the refrigerator, and place it on top of the layer cake. Line the brim's edges with M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies. Insert the bunny's head in the middle, and decorate the inside rim of the hat with brown M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies. Then scatter various M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies around the bunny's body.
9. Arrange 3 unwrapped TWIX® Brand FUN SIZE® Bars end-to-end, and attach a yellow M&M'S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candy at the tip to form a wand.