- 3 ears corn (about 2 1/2 lb. total), husked, silks removed
- 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers (12 oz. total), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Holding each ear of corn upright in a deep bowl, cut kernels from cobs. Rinse scallops and pat dry; sprinkle lightly all over with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in each of two 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pans over high heat. Add corn, bell peppers, garlic, and cumin to one pan; add scallops to the other. Cook, stirring both pans often, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes, and scallops are browned on the outside and barely opaque in the center (cut to test), about 5 minutes.
- 3. Just before serving, stir basil into the vegetable mixture and cilantro into the scallops. Add salt and pepper to taste to both. Mound vegetables in a wide, shallow bowl; top with scallops (and any pan juices).
- Calories: 231
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 203mg
- Cholesterol: 42mg