For a new way to enjoy pumpkin this season, try these pumpkin ravioli with a rich yet mellow Gorganzola sauce.
You can assemble the ravioli a day ahead, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. The ravioli will float when they are perfectly cooked. Pour a chilled chardonnay.
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 30 round wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Spoon pumpkin onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels, and spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes. Scrape into a medium bowl using a rubber spatula. Stir in breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt, minced sage, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers with a damp towel to keep from drying), spoon 2 teaspoons pumpkin mixture into the center of wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper with water and fold in half, pressing edges firmly with fingers to form a half-moon. Place on a large baking sheet sprinkled with cornstarch. Repeat procedure with remaining wonton wrappers and pumpkin mixture.
- Fill a large Dutch oven with water; bring to a simmer. Add half of ravioli to pan (cover remaining ravioli with a damp towel to keep from drying). Cook 4 minutes or until done (do not boil), stirring gently. Remove ravioli with a slotted spoon; lightly coat with cooking spray, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining ravioli.
- Combine milk and flour in a saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add butter, stirring until butter melts. Gently stir in Gorgonzola.
- Place 5 ravioli in each of 6 shallow bowls, and drizzle each serving with 3 tablespoons Gorgonzola mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 250
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 9.5g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 636mg
- Calcium: 162mg