Photo: Alison Miksch; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
Make Ahead: Loosely wrap baked and cooled tiramisù in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 10 to 12 servings
1. Whisk together sugar and flour in a large heavy saucepan. Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and 2 cups cream in a bowl. Whisk cream mixture into sugar mixture, and cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, 15 minutes or until very thick. (Mixture will come to a simmer during the last 2 to 3 minutes.) Remove from heat; whisk in vanilla bean paste, and transfer to a medium bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on warm custard (to prevent a film from forming). Cool completely (about 1 1/2 hours).
2. Whisk cream cheese into cream mixture until smooth; whisk in pumpkin.
3. Stir together espresso and brandy. Brush flat sides of about 24 ladyfingers with espresso mixture. Stand lady fingers around edge of a 10-inch springform pan, placing rounded sides against pan. Line bottom of pan with additional ladyfingers, cutting if necessary to cover bottom of pan completely. Brush espresso mixture over ladyfingers on bottom of pan.
4. Spread one-third of cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers on bottom. Repeat layers twice with remaining ladyfingers, espresso mixture, and cream cheese mixture, ending with cream cheese mixture. (Reserve any remaining ladyfingers for another use.) Cover and chill 4 hours to 2 days.
5. Beat remaining 1 cup cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Dollop over cream cheese mixture.