Photo: Sang An
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling (not pure pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup canola oil, plus more for the pan
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat oven to 350° F. Oil a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin pie filling, oil, sugar, molasses, and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Slowly stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
Transfer pan to a wire rack for 10 minutes. Using a knife, loosen the bread from the pan. Invert it onto a cutting board. Serve warm.
In Advance: Bake the bread and let it cool. Wrap and set aside at room temperature for up to 24 hours. Cover with foil and warm in a 250° F oven for 30 minutes.
To Freeze: Place the cooled bread in a resealable plastic bag or cover with 2 layers of plastic wrap. Store for up to 3 months.
To Reheat: Refrigerate the bread overnight. Remove the plastic wrap, cover with aluminum foil, and warm in a 250° oven for 30 minutes.
- Calories: 381
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 576mg
- Carbohydrate: 67g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 30g
- Protein: 4g