- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan. Add 1 tsp. salt, cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat and simmer until tender but not mushy, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, then place in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain again. Cut each potato in half, or into quarters if they're larger.
- Bring another large saucepan of water to boil, add beans and 1 tsp. salt, and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, plunge into ice water and drain again.
- Make dressing: Whisk together mayonnaise and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir in scallions, parsley, tarragon, 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine potatoes, green beans and dressing in a large salad bowl and toss gently to coat, being careful not to break up potatoes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, and up to 1 day, before serving to allow flavors to blend thoroughly.
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 323mg