- 4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped, plus 2 tbsp. sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 3/4 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin-seed oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine chiles, sauce, orange juice, and sugar. Put pork in a baking dish and add marinade, turning pork to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Toast pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet until they have popped and are just starting to brown, 7 to 11 minutes. Let cool. In a food processor, whirl 1/2 cup of seeds into a paste.
- 3. Heat grill to medium-high. Grill pork, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center reads 160°, about 10 minutes per side. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes. Reserve juices.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a medium pan over medium heat, combine pumpkin seed paste, cream, garlic, chile powder, and salt. Cook, whisking until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in reserved pork juices.
- 5. Slice pork into 1/2-in. medallions. Drizzle with sauce and pumpkin-seed oil and garnish with remaining 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
- Calories: 411
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 414mg
- Cholesterol: 150mg