Here is a stunning "restaurant dish" (that's actually a full meal) you can whip up in your own kitchen. While it contains a cornucopia of ingredients, stealth techniques make it radically simple and radically delicious. Use genuine Dijon mustard from France for the best flavor. The pistachios can be ground in a spice grinder, coffee grinder, or mini food processor.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Total: 28 Minutes
- 1. Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, pistachios, and next 5 ingredients (through mustard) in a small bowl. Add 1 teaspoon garlic and 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and couscous. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Rub pork with remaining 1 teaspoon garlic. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork from pan; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and tomatoes to pan; cook 5 minutes or until skins blister, shaking pan occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir tomatoes and parsley into couscous; divide couscous mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 pork chop and about 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
- Calories: 489
- Fat: 22.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 13.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Carbohydrate: 42.2g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 597mg
- Calcium: 84mg