Pomegranate molasses, a staple ingredient in the Eastern Mediterranean, gives this one-pot dish a delectable tang.
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Whisk together pomegranate molasses, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
2. Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels and season all over with remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
3. Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat and add oil. When hot but not smoking, add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
4. Add carrots to dutch oven and cook 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Arrange chicken in a single layer on top of carrots and drizzle with molasses mixture.
5. Transfer to oven and cook until chicken juices run clear and molasses mixture has reduced a bit, about 15 minutes. Top with parsley to serve.
*Find at well-stocked grocery stores and online.