1. Butter 4 soufflé dishes (1 1/4- to 1 1/2-cup size) and dust with the parmesan cheese.
2. In a 3- to 4-quart pan, mix milk with polenta and 3/4 teaspoon salt; add 1/4 cup butter, cut into chunks. Stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils, then reduce heat to medium and stir until polenta is thick enough to hold a clean path for a few seconds when spoon is drawn across bottom of pan, 8 to 10 minutes; remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed, whip egg whites until they hold distinct, moist peaks.
4. Stir baking powder into polenta, then add egg yolks and stir to mix well. Add about 1/4 of the egg whites and stir to mix. Fold polenta mixture into remaining egg whites. Spoon batter equally into soufflé dishes. Set dishes slightly apart in a shallow 10- by 15-inch pan.
5. Bake in 375° regular or convection oven until soufflés are well browned, 30 to 40 minutes. Set each on a plate and mound lettuce leaves beside the dish. Spoon warm mushroom dressing equally onto lettuce. Spoon cambozola fondue equally over soufflés and salads; sprinkle with chives. Add salt to taste.