Photo: Dylan and Jeni; Styling: Scott Horne
Crowd-pleaser grilled pork is ideal for summer backyard grilling. Tip: the way to flavor-filled, garlicky pork chops is in the oregano-salt curing and citrus-soaked marinade.
Serves 6 (serving size: about 3 oz.)
1. Combine first 4 ingredients. Pat pork dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt mixture. Place pork on a rimmed baking sheet; cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
2. Place pork between 2 layers of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet. Place pork in a zip-top plastic bag.
3. Combine juices, garlic, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a bowl; reserve 1/4 cup juice mixture. Add remaining juice mixture to pork; let stand 30 minutes.
4. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
5. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 1 minute on each side. Cover grill; grill 5 minutes.
6. Place pork on a platter. Drizzle reserved 1/4 cup juice mixture over pork.